Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Out with the Old and In with the New

I can't believe another year is over.  It just seems like yesterday when I was laying out my goals and plans for 2013 and it is the very last day of the year.

To recap, I started and finished quite a bit of crafts and acquired some crafty equipment.  I have the classic "eyes are bigger than my stomach" mentality when dealing with the fibery goodness.

I did go through my cabinets, cupboards, shelves as well as most of the garage and had quite a big pile to send to AmVets.  It is very freeing to see stuff that I never use go some place else.  I am going to try very hard not to fill up that space just yet.

I think I am at some kind of saturation point on the fiber and the yarn, however, I am still tempted when I see a new pattern from my favored designers as well as the welcoming feel of my LYS.

I am going to pledge to go through my closets next and get rid of all the clothes that never in a million years will fit on my body again and will make a concentrated effort to finish things - either already in progress and languishing or in the queue all ready to go.  I think I need to move some stuff out to clear the mental clutter before starting anew.

I have disengaged from all clubs dealing with tools, yarn, fiber, and patterns so it is a step in the right direction.  I also closed my art fire shop since my heart was not really into production and sales.

I have also been working up my endurance on my treadmill and have been doing quite well with 4 - 5 workouts per week on it for 30 minutes or so.  I will also make a concentrated effort to keep this up as well.

I know that in a blink of an eye, I will be at the last day of the year 2014 and I hope that I was consistent at least in my actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment