So I was not happy with what I was getting and my plain weave wasn't. I joined a couple of Facebook weaving groups and got some advice. So I did some un-weaving and then cut off all the knots.
I then switched the reed to an 10 dpi one and decided to do 2 epi per slot and make it a bit narrower since I wound on way too wide. 2 epi per slot which makes it 20" wide instead of 18". I centered the reed a bit as well to try to fix the left side of the piece. Here we go again.
Close up of the hemstitch.
Ugh, it looks like I still have an error in the heddles. After ripping back and retying, I leaving it as a design element.
I also pulled out the other silk skein and will try to weave some of this on the rust warp. The autumn colors are kind of one note so maybe adding the contrasting color will pop it some. I'm planning the opposite as well as I got some green cotton for another warp.
I lasted until almost the end of July this year before having to turn on the AC. I had to replace the compressor earlier this year as the old unit was over 10 years old and rusting. This morning I awoke to bright sunshine so no marine layer today. There is a very light wind which is blowing hot air. Windows are all closed and drapes all drawn. Waiting to hear when that compressor kicks on today. The thermostat is set at 78 degrees and it is already 76 degrees at 7:00 am.
I have been knitting along on the Santa Rosa sweater and am behind in the clues. Clue 2 came out when I was visiting Val in Colorado so I got a late start. I was knitting along happily and changed from color 2 to 3 and got to near the end of the sweater body and realized that I had yet to change to color 4. I went back to look at the instructions as clue 3 has been released to discuss the sleeves. What I discovered is that I did not read the requirements for the sleeves correctly and instead of saving 1/3 of the skein for the 2 sleeves, I only saved enough for the striping sequence in the sleeves. Needless to say, I now have a dilemma as to whether to go on and have weird colors for the sleeves or to frog back to color 2 and unknit until I have at least 32 grams of the color and then changing to color 3. Ugh!
Color 2 will have to be smaller as will color 3 to allow me to add color 4.
I only saved 15 grams of color 2 and color 3 currently has 40 grams and color 4 hasn't even been started. This project will be in time out for a bit so I can build my confidence with other projects so I won't feel terrible in ripping out all that knitting to start again.
I was able to wind up some warps to prepare to hit the ground when the loom is ready to go. I got this great silk from the Black Sheep moving sale in two colors and after consulting with my weaving guru, I bought some cotton for the warp.
I'm planning on two 2 yard scarves in each color.
I also have some more of the alpaca in red for the warp and mushroom wool/silk for the weft for another snowflake scarf.
I plan to make one more of these with black wool/silk and the mushroom as weft.