Monday, January 26, 2015

Serged Box Bag

After all the holiday traffic and some free time, I was able to tackle the box bag that I had cut out fabric for ages ago.

The zipper function worked best with the thinner foot and it was pretty easy to do.
All pinned up with the zipper sandwiched between the fused front and the lining.
I kept the stitch length the same instead of going smaller as recommended in the Craftsy class.  After turning and pressing, it looked pretty professional although I should have chosen a different color zipper.
Flipping and serging the other size made a tube.
After using scissors to cut the excess zipper off, the sides were serged with the bag inside out including the little tabs at each end.
After marking and serging the corners, I ended up with a cool little box bag.
A bit of pressing finished it off.  I have the fabric for another one exactly like it but am waiting for a delivery of zippers.

No comments:

Post a Comment