Friday, February 19, 2016

Lavender and Chamomile Eye Pillows

Eileen and I talked about eye pillows for the patients in the clinic and she had one that she had been using made out of some silky material that could not be washed.

During lunch, we chatted about it and then I came home and did some google research and came up with this site.

Seemed simple enough so I dug around the stash and pulled out some of the fabric that Eileen had that we used to make table covers.
I also had this flannel that I had purchased and washed but never got around to using.
Following the instructions, I cut the cotton fabric to 4"x9" rectangle and sewed it up to make a pillow after turning it inside out.
I then cut the flannel a quarter inch more on each side and sewed up the cover for the pillow to sit in.
I ordered from amazon some flax seed, lavender flowers, and chamomile flowers and filled up the pillow at 2/3 full and sewed it closed.

I also dug out some cut of pajama pant legs when I made my shorts and used one as a cover for the third bag.

Finished pillows with covers and it took almost no time at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment