Sunday, February 14, 2010

A Great Day!

Today is Valentines Day and Chinese New Year (Year of the Tiger). It was a warm sunny day and even though I woke up with aching muscles I spent the day with my spinning friends, Juliblue, Fluffysgarden, Janit, and Seashells. We celebrated Chinese New Years with dim sum picked up by Fluffysgarden at 99 Ranch Market, vegetarian egg rolls, potstickers, and a spicy broccoli carrot dish. Valentine's cookies were for dessert with some dan tat (egg tarts). We ate lunch outside on the patio table in the sun and the temperature was probably close to 80 degrees.

I started knitting the Evenstar shawl from the mystery knitalong where clue 1 was released on friday - the start of the olympic games. Everyone else was spinning and it was a wonderful way to spend the day.

Yesterday, I spent the day helping Christina move her office to a new location. It was hard work and a warm day. I haven't worked so hard or sweated so much in a long time. It was a good feeling after everything was done. A great sense of accomplishment!

No comments:

Post a Comment