Sunday, September 22, 2013

Val's Socks

I had started knitting a pair of socks for Val after I last visited her.  She originally wanted a hat but the yarn we bought was not right so I substituted a pair of socks instead.

I knit up most of the sock but did not finish them since I wanted to see how long she wanted them up her leg so when I got to Colorado, I had her try them on for her to decide.
She felt it was just about right so I added a bit of ribbing to finish the socks and here they are on her feet.
We then went yarn shopping and she bought a ball of Schoppel Zauberball at Your Daily Fiber.
I bought it home and separated the ball into to two even parts and started knitting a new pair of socks.  
I am using the star toe which she likes and increased to 60 stitches in the round per sock on US 1 needles.  The color runs are pretty long so the socks will definitely not match.  I can't wait to see what the color run will look like when they are done.

This might be a trend as Sandy gave me a pair of socks for my birthday and they don't match.

1 comment: