Saturday, December 1, 2018

Saori Loom

Awhile back, I saw a Saori loom in person and I thought it was pretty cool.  However, I already had some looms and didn't need another one.  After a few years, and some unloading, I got one of these looms and it has been a joy to weave on.  I can use up all of my leftovers and have no idea how things are going to turn out.

I ended up going up to Los Angeles and Laura's studio to test one out.  She had a little class where I got to weave some on a loom.
I ended up bringing one home which Laura was nice enough to have dressed already so all I needed to do was to weave on it.
The test cloth was worked on for quite a while and I was finally able to finish it.
It took me a while to get the next warp on and it was super challenging as I didn't quite know what to do.  I had to buy the book after redoing it multiple times and ending up with excess length even though it is a pre-wound warp.
I believe it is ready to go now.

No comments:

Post a Comment