Monday, June 6, 2011

New Battery for the mSpinner

The search has been one for the smallest longest running battery for my HansenCrafts mSpinner.


I confess that I currently have four batteries and they range in running time.  The first battery I purchased comparatively is large and bulky but lasts for days on a charge.


I then purchased two more based on recommendations from the HansenCrafts Ravelry group and those two batteries only differ by a manual or auto select button.  Those batteries last at least two days with off and on running and since I have two - I alternate between them.
The last battery I purchased came from an ebay seller in China.  Wouldn't you know that someone managed to have a no frills small battery that is estimated to last 15 - 18 hours on a charge.


Here is what the battery looks like - definitely no frills.
It is definitely smaller and more compact than the other three batteries that I have and so far is the cheapest.  I have started using it from its first charge and so far everything is working exactly right.  There are no extra tips but the one it has is an exact fit for the mSpinner.


I'll report back when I get an accurate read of the longevity of the charge.  I do wish that the cord was a little longer so I could keep the battery stashed in the bag with the mSpinner on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment