Monday, June 20, 2011

Del Mar Fair

Spinning and weaving demonstration at the Agri-barn at the Del Mar fair for Father's Day was another success.  I spent the morning sitting at the loom weaving for spectators while others spun fiber into yarn.
This is the shawl that we are entered into a drawing to win that I discussed here.  The loom was warped in 4 hours and Margaret Tyler hemstitched the start before I started weaving.  The weaving commenced at 10:00 am and was completed at 2:15 pm.
After lunch, I wandered to the Home and Hobby building to check out my entries to the fair.


Hemlock Ring Blanket
Hemlock Ring Tam
Orenburg Lace Shawl - First Prize
We also saw some farm animals including sheep, cows, alpacas, and this cute polka dot goat.
There were also these giant turkey drum sticks that people were wandering around gnawing at.

No comments:

Post a Comment