Monday, April 14, 2014

Crafty Road Trip

I took a crafty road trip with Jeri to Bakersfield.  We stopped off to get some gas for the van before we headed on the road and I saw the flower field with a flag.
Traffic was pretty light all the way up to Bakersfield.  We stopped for a bite to eat at the Old Hacienda.
And I had another tamale meal.  It was pretty tasty as well.  Their salsa was spicy and their chips hot and crisp.
But the whole trip was about this baby.
I picked up a 24" 8 shaft Macomber loom from Dee Dee who endured the trip from hell to the meet up place.  It was pretty fast to load from her truck to the van and we headed back home.  The traffic was much worst on the way back and it took a bit of time, but we made it back and moved the loom into the "study."
I got the bench too as this loom needs a high bench.
I already picked a warp and a draft and all I need now is some time to dress it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment