Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Two Part Quilt

I am pretty sure that I had talked about my two part quilt before, but the project has languished for quite a while.  The kit I bought had enough fabric to make two quilt tops.  The first one was called film strip and I finished that some time ago as the sewing was pretty much just connected strips and some squares.  Super easy.
The second part of the quilt was much more labor intensive as it involved cutting a bunch of small pieces and sewing them all back together.  I had multiple strips hanging in the closet - out of sight, out of mind.

After talking to Marita about Tyler's quilting project, I wanted to finish up the last one so I could get that quilted too.  I spent a few days matching and finding all the pieces again and was able to finish it as well.
It came out pretty well and looks very much like stained glass.  Now I need to go shopping for some backing fabric and these two can get quilted next.

2 comments:

  1. They are both beautiful but I particularly LOVE that triangular one!! Well done!! Be sure and post pics after quilting is done!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Geraldine. That triangle one looks like a Tiffany lamp. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete