Monday, August 4, 2014

Yoga Pants Finished

After my familiarization class with my serger, I tackled piecing together the last yoga pant that Susan and I started.

I erred in piecing the two back legs together and had to rip out and then realigned a front leg with a back leg.  Even though I cut off a strip of each side, the fit was okay.
Once I had the two legs sewn together, I then turned them inside out and pinned for the crouch area.  It was a bit of a challenge, but I was able to put the pant together.
I then sewed the waist band together and then pieced it with the top of the pant and then serged that together and came up with a finished pant.  The waistband rides a bit low, but fit is good.
I then changed the machine to a cover stitch and hemmed the cuffs.  I did not serge the edges before the hemming and I like the way it looks.
I had to fiddle a bit and worked many test pieces before I figured out the threading properly.

I finished hemming all the rest of my yoga pants and they are now ready for the wash.

No comments:

Post a Comment