Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Instant Pot Programmable Pressure Cooker

I have been making by bone soup every week and came to conclusion that I had to be tied to the house for a long period of time to simmer the broth for hours.  I was reading the Nom Nom Paleo blog and the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker was discussed.

I searched on Amazon and decided to invest as it is a multi-function appliance.  I can make soup, rice, sauté, as well as make rice porridge.  I could pass on my rice cooker as well as the slow cooker which weighs a ton.

With Prime membership, it came within the stated 2 days and I washed up the tub and did a test run with just water.  It worked great so I placed my bone broth ingredients into the pot and set it for an hour.
It has to build up pressure first and then it starts the count down.
After the cook time, it automatically goes into a "keep warm" mode and I let it  cool down on its own which took about 30 minutes for the pressure to dissipate.   There is a little valve on top which drops when the pressure is gone.

I opened the top and this is what I got.
Except for the bit of fat at the top which I skimmed off, the broth is almost as clear as the water I put in the pot.

Tasty and I'm ready for another week.

No comments:

Post a Comment