Saturday, September 13, 2014

Spinzilla Training Session One

For my first time trial, I decided to spin some llama, merino, and silk fiber that I bought a while back.  It seems that I had spun up about half of the 4 ounces of fiber and I had already separated out the fiber into 1 ounce increments.
The first time trial was on my regular bobbin on the Sidekick wheel and it took me exactly 30:55.84.
For the second time trial, I switched to my woolee winder bobbin so I could save some time moving from hook to hook but it took me 29:47.58 for the second ounce of fiber.
Not much time savings, but I think I will be sticking to the woolee winder for Spinzilla.

After letting the bobbin rest a couple of days, I measured out the yardage and I got 94 yards for both time trials.
If I spin for 3 hours a day during the week, I should be able to get 2,820 yards - the goal is a mile which is 1,760 yards. I also have a weekend that I can make up time and yardage.

Now all I need to do is decide what I am going to spin during that week.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I can just see you with a stopwatch and the spinning wheel! LOL

    ReplyDelete