Friday, October 31, 2014

Fieldtrip to Texas and Louisiana

I took a trip with Julie to Texas and Louisiana.  First time I have been in a few of those cities.  We flew into Dallas where I purchased a Starbucks mug.  Since I did not have anymore funds on my card, I just used my credit card and got a free drink with purchase.

We grabbed a bite to eat at the airport and I had chicken nuggets from Chick-Fil-A where I have never eaten at before.  The breading was surprisingly tasty.

We headed out for the first of our long drives to Shreveport, Louisiana and it was interesting.  The city is a bit run down and the african american population larger than what I'm use to.  We stayed in Shreveport for the night and was able to finish our work there before heading to Austin, Texas.

We had limited choices for meals on the Texas highways and we were lucky to find the Sonic where we proceeded to eat in the car.  We each had the chicken bites and shared an order of tater tots.  I believe we also witnessed a drug deal going down in the dark parking lot.
Austin seemed to be a bustling city with a lively downtown area.  We had no time to sightsee as we were literally on the road for most of the day.  We accomplished our second task and stayed in a hotel close to the airport.

The next morning we headed down to Rockport on the water to continue an investigation and had lunch at the Bleu Crab Cafe where I tried to order a bacon wrapped scallop dish with spinach orzo and asparagus.  They were out of scallops so they substituted shrimp.  It had good flavor and the orzo was very rich and I believed it was a bit overpriced.  The meal also came with the salad bar.  We figured this was to be the big meal of the day.
Before we left Rockport, we saw these deer in the front yard of a house.
We then headed back toward Austin and did our last interview in Taylor and returned to the hotel with a brief stop at Wendy's for a light bite at 9:00 pm.

It was a very successful trip, but very tiring as we did not finished until after 9:00 each night.  Glad to be home where there are more choices for food.


No comments:

Post a Comment