Monday, June 15, 2015

BIY Chicken Bone Broth

I caught some kind of virus and have been down for the count for the last week.  I can't remember when I have spent a week in bed with no desire to do anything including watching tv, crafting, or reading.

I subsisted on bone broth, toast, and eggs for most of the week with my appetite coming back near the end.  I ran out of my pork bone broth and had no more bones in the freezer for another batch so when I went in for an acupuncture treatment, I purchased one of the chicken kits.
I pulled out the contents and it has two packages - one of chicken bones and another for vegetables and spices.
Into the crock pot it went with a gallon of water.
2 hours on high and 18 hours on low and the entire house smelled really good which must meant the smell was overwhelming since my nose was not working well.

Rich broth and tasty even with defective taste buds.  I'm glad that this happened during the week I was not traveling.  It would have been terrible to be laid up and not at home in my own bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment