Sunday, June 28, 2015

Field Trip to Los Angeles and Bakersfield

Back to back trips are very tiring.  After coming back from Oregon, I got right back on the road.  First stop was Los Angeles.  I was able to indulge in Dave's homemade paella with chicken, sausage, and shrimp with real saffron on the rice.
I then headed up to Bakersfield where it was over 100 degrees.  Way too hot for me.  I met up with the FBI and we hit some addresses.  We stopped for lunch at Chef's Choice Noodle Bar that had quite a variety of asian dishes.  I went with the pad see ew with chicken and it was very tasty.  They serve it in a bowl which was different.
No success in Bakersfield and got out of dodge the next day before the mercury hit 100.  Headed back to Los Angeles and dined on tri-tip with beans and beans.
Some watermelon and a good night's sleep and then the courthouse the next day.  It was late when I finally got on the road (3:15 pm) to head home and the traffic was tedious.
5 mph for long stretches.  It was good to have my tunes loaded up and I was fortunate to stop at Jeri's for dinner at 6:00 where we had her beer pot roast with mushrooms and broccoli with potatoes.  I even had some maple water which Jeri put in my mind as tree pee.
Got home late and dropped into bed after picking up Bailey who was super excited to see me.

No comments:

Post a Comment