Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Christmas Balls

My friend Grace sent me a link to a do-it-yourself wool dryer balls and asked me if we could make some.

We have been busy and I have been traveling, but I was able to pull out some pure wool yarn.  I had some skeins that I bought in Arizona when I first started knitting and used some of it to start a sweater, but I didn't really like the color spread so I frogged the project and used the yarn for these dryer balls.

Here are the wound balls.  Some are from the frogged sweater, some are leftover weaving yarn, and some other tidbits that have been lying around.
The next step was the stuffed pantyhose and the multiple washings and dryings over the laundry day weekend.
I had two batches so Grace could have a matching set and the leftovers colors will stay in my dryer.
Next time, I will only use one layer of hose instead of two.  I still have quite a few skeins of this yarn - I always fall for the bargains.  Does anyone else need dryer balls?

No comments:

Post a Comment