Monday, December 21, 2015

Spinning with my Peeps

After my trips and seeing all the fiber and knitwear, I got my mojo back and wanted to start working on my fiber pursuits again.  During my last trip, I took some knitting but got all distracted and never finished until I got home.

Here are the finished socks.
I have my next skeins ready to go - just need to pick the next color.  These are self-striping yarns from Knit Picks and I'm excited to start a new pair of socks.
I made pumpkin rolls for spin group at Jeri's.  Baking them a second time was a bit harrowing as I noted my yeast was very old as I had used up my newer jar.
The first rise took quite a bit longer and the second rise was pokey as well.  No leftover ingredients and yummy moist rolls.  This is an adaptation of a potato recipe from my foodie friend Kim.

Jeri made vegetable soup which was delicious and warm for a cool day.
We also had salad, a cheese log, and a tapenade.
My long term spinning project is on my non-travel wheel so I took out some really old fiber from the closet and started a new project.  I almost got one bobbin full.

No comments:

Post a Comment