Friday, February 10, 2012

Ballet Socks

Well, socks called ballet anyways.


At my LYS, the Needlecraft Cottage, there is a group that meets each week called sock addicts.  I decided to join to learn to make regular socks.  The group fee is $20 or free if you buy your sock yarn at the LYS.


I went in and bought some Malabrigo Sock yarn in the Aguas color way and the sock pattern is from Toe-Up 2-at-a-Time Socks.


I started using the recommended Judy's modified magic cast on and started the toe increase.  The goal is to get to 64 stitches on each sock or 32 each half.  I'm also using the magic loop method.


After getting home, I decided that one of my toes was having a hole issue and I started over.  This is my first toe next to the photo of the finished socks.
I'm casting on the other toe and when I get it to the correct number of stitches, I will join both on the same needles.  I'm using a US 1 Chiao Goo needle.
For the pattern, I'm deleting the first and last 2 stitches to decreased the circumference of the sock.  Part of this pattern is to do cables without cable needles.  Lots of learning opportunities.


The group meets every week so I'm excited to see what I can accomplish this year with regards to socks.

No comments:

Post a Comment