Tuesday, February 21, 2012

A Day at Coronado

During a visit by my parents, I took them to Coronado for a look around.  We parked at the Hotel Del Coronado which costs $16 for 2 hours.  We stayed less than an hour.  It was a sunny day and the hotel bar and restaurant were full as was the beach.
This was from the parking lot.
This is from the front driveway to the left of the lobby entrance.


We walked through the hotel and out to the beach.  Since no one wanted to go barefoot, we walked the perimeter of the hotel property and saw their garden.
This is the first time that I saw an artichoke plant.  It really looks like a weed.
There was also broccoli and other vegetables and herbs.  There is really a small amount of produce so I'm sure that it is not enough to feed anyone in the hotel.
I also saw this cool cactus plant.  I think it would thrive in my super sunny front courtyard so I will need to find out what it is.


We then drove around the island to see some of the super expensive homes before heading back over the bridge toward home.

No comments:

Post a Comment