Thursday, February 9, 2012

A Tree Falls in the Backyard

When I moved into my house, I had two huge pine trees in the backyard.  A couple of years ago, one of the trees started to have brown needles and I had it cut down.  At the same time, I fenced the lower half of the property so the dogs would have an adventure land - which has been a total success.


Last year, I noticed that the remaining tree started to have brown needles.  It is the fault of those blasted beetles.  As fall progressed, the tree slowly turned from green to brown.  It was an eyesore seeing that poor tree out the window of my office.


Last night during the rain storm (if it rains in San Diego, it qualifies as a storm), the tree up and fell over.  The tree made a small sound and if I had not been sitting at my desk, I would never have seen it happen.


This morning, I was greeted by brightness as the sun rose.  This was the view from my desk.  I now have a view of the apartments down below me.
I went out and took this picture of the tree.
I think the fence is still intact at the bottom, but the tree is definitely laying over it.  Now I will need to have someone come and cut it up.


I went down to check it out and the dogs went through the big hole where the root ball was.  Both dogs were covered in dirt but they had a great time digging in the soft earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment