Thursday, February 16, 2012

Chilly Colorado

I went to visit my bff, Val, for a long weekend and it was super chilly.  The temperatures were in the teens and the wind was whipping.  The last day I was there warmed up to the mid-30s and it was nice in the sun.


I stayed indoors pretty much the entire time.  The last time I visited, there was some snow but this time, a lot more snow covered the ground.
These are landscapes from the car ride from the airport.

I also was able to visit my boyfriend Bear, who now has cancer.  He was pretty lively while I was there which made me happy.  I hope he will be around for a while longer.
 I was able to get some cuddles in.
I had to put the choke hold on Aidan who was his usual mischievous self.
He is very photogenic with those eyes.  He likes to attack toes and fingers when you least expect it.
This is one of his favorite spots as we watched episodes of Criminal Minds.
We stopped at the Bonefish where the wait was 90 minutes and for our patience, we got an order of the Bang Bang Shrimp for free.  I had the filet and lobster combo for dinner and Val had the Kung Pao shrimp with udon noodles.
The family also gathered for a Mexican feast and it was delicious.
I made a burrito bowl with spanish rice, black beans, chicken, tomatoes, green onions, cilantro, cheese, jalapeño dip, and guacamole.  I also had a bowl of posole soup.

It was a great visit even with the cold.  As a bonus, I saw a tree full of bald eagles on the way back to the airport and we also stopped in Lyons at a quilt shop.  I'm planning my next visit in the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment