Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Polworth or Merino?

Kim at Lucky Cat Crafts had offered some of us at the Texas retreat some fleeces and I succumbed to some Polworth.

The fleece was lost in the mail and I secretly suspect someone absconded with it because it was so great.

Kim rectify the loss by sending me another fleece which I assumed was polworth.  She crammed it in an box and wrapped it tight.

I am not a big fan of dirty fleece as my spin peeps will attest so the box went with my friend Jeri who washed it for me.  Here is a video she took while opening the box and we expected it to explode.

The box states that it is a merino so I'm not sure what breed I ended up with.  Jeri stated it could also be a cormo.

Needless to say after Jeri washed it and brought it over - it fills up a large pillow case, the locks are soft and springy and are a wonderful color.  The tips are a bit bleached, but Jeri recommended I comb and spin a sample before deciding to clip the ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment