Saturday, June 14, 2014

A Real Chicken Dinner

I have a confession - I really like fried chicken.  However, it doesn't like me so much so I have it seldom.  I recently happened upon a recipe called "Better than Fried Chicken" that I had to try out.  The recipe comes from here.

It originally calls for wings, but I had some chicken thighs with skins in the freezer that I thawed out to see if it is really better.

I have never laid out chicken in the fridge overnight uncovered, but I followed the directions and baked it the next day in the oven using the convection.

15 minutes each side and then another 10 minutes with the skin side up after basting with the sauce.  I have to say, it is almost the same as real fried chicken.  The skin was extra crispy, but you really need to eat it right after it comes out of the oven.
I did substitute regular soy for the coconut aminos and it was tasty!  This recipe will definitely be the rotation again.

No comments:

Post a Comment