Wednesday, June 4, 2014

The Caveman Diet

In one of the multitude of conversations during the sewing sweatshop, the Paleo diet was an interesting topic.  I came home and did some research and it seems that it is a throwback to what the cave people ate - whole foods, slow foods, unprocessed foods, natural sweeteners, etc.

Susan had a cook book called Nom Nom Paleo so I checked it out.  I found that the author and her husband are from the Bay Area and she has a great iPad app with awesome photos and step-by-step instructions.

There is also some background information and pretty much what you need to know about eating paleo.

I decided to try the Crab & Avocado Temaki and even made the paleo mayo recipe.
The crab mixture started with this.
And a little spice.
After some cucumber slices as well as some avocado plus some pea sprouts.
A bit of wrapping - I had to try multiple times to get it right.
Lunch - very tasty.  You really have to wrap and eat to prevent the chewiness of the nori when damp.
Not sure that I will be a convert, but am willing to try some recipes and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment