Monday, October 8, 2012

Annual Visit to Chicago

Made my annual visit to Chicago and was able to get away from the heat and humidity at home and find cool sunny weather in the windy city.  It was almost shocking to feel cool dry air again.  I stayed this time at the Embassy Suites on N State which had a fabulous breakfast spread.
Across the street, the Weber Grill was on the corner and the smells of BBQ were enticing.
Besides work, I was able to meet up with a familiar Ravelry friend who took me to Loopy Yarns for some yarny shopping.  
I found some sale yarn and got my skeins to knit Helms Deep with Malabrigo Sock.
We also went out to dinner at the bar next door for some fish and chips and later on in the week, we had dinner in consisting of roasted chicken.  Food was fabulous.
I also met a new Ravelry friend who came over to the hotel for some knitting and what we hoped would be happy hour, but the place was over-run.  We made a date for the same time next year for drinks and dinner.

During the week, I was able to hit a few places for eats and I have to say that a person would be hard pressed not to find good eats in this city.
No stop to Chicago is complete without some Frango mints and around the corner I found the Ghirardelli shop where some of my money got left behind.

I also got some great shots of the skyline.
It was good to see my work peeps and get the skinny on what is going on in the office.

No comments:

Post a Comment