Sunday, February 23, 2014

On the Way to Halong Bay

Next on our agenda was to head to Halong Bay for a cruise.  We separated out a smaller bag and left the remainder of our luggage at the hotel and boarded our bus.
We made a pit stop at a huge shopping extravaganza.  They had great big wood carvings, stone carvings, clothes, bags, and embroidery.
I watched a few embroiders and they were super fast with their hands.
 
It takes some serious skill and good eyesight.  This is what they start with.
We didn't buy anything as we were in a rush.

1 comment:

  1. I have 5 of those stitched pictures hanging in my house. I love them! And we went on a cruise in Halong Bay as well. We had a meal of which I only remember the crab legs. Then they took us to a cavern that was wonderful. I believe it was discovered fairly recently (meaning in my lifetime). I have TONS of photos. Enjoying seeing photos from your trip.....Geraldine

    ReplyDelete