Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Other Interesting Vendors at the Market

While wandering around the market, I saw some other cool artists in traditional dress and some cool items that did not make it into my shopping cart.
South Korea was represented with natural dye Korean patchwork textiles, silk scarves, padded clothing, and silk, cotton, ramie fabrics.
I tried on this jacket and was very tempted.  When I went out thinking about it, it sold to someone else.
Gasali Adeyemo from Nigeria was rocking his outfit and showed off his indigo dyed fingers.
You could buy the indigo balls as well.
Haiti's recycled oil drum sculptures were a bit hit as well.
Indian weaving was also tempting.  Karen succumbed to this vendor.
I don't recall where this booth originated, but I thought the sheep were super cool.
Silver working from China was pretty wild as well.
And a weaver from Mexico

No comments:

Post a Comment