Saturday, July 5, 2014

Yoga Pants

Learning to sew part 2 - Susan came over and we tackled the yoga pants.  I had 4 different fabrics in weight and color and we started by cutting out the pattern from her Linda stretch pants that has been discontinued.

We started with the lightest weight fabric in a light grey and found that it was very easily twisted and it was going to be our first attempt.  It turned out pretty well but was more sticky so we allowed more room for the legs.
We also added an elastic band to this and I really didn't like the fit as much up top.
We watched a how to video to secure the elastic and it fits okay.  All I need to do to finish is the hem.
The next two pairs were of heavier weight and we changed the waist band and excluded the elastic.  I liked it much better.
There was a little boo boo with the serger and it created a hole at the waist which Susan corrected.
After eating dinner of hot pot which was Susan's first time, we finished cutting the last fabric, but was unable to finish the sewing.
I was also able to trace a copy of the pattern on swedish tracing paper for my size so I can continue to make some more pants in the future.

We also were able to make a couple of maxi dresses for Susan as well so it was another productive sewing session.

Next up is to invest in a serger.

No comments:

Post a Comment