Thursday, July 10, 2014

Tour de Fleece

Every year during the Tour de France, there is a concurrent contest for spinning called Tour de Fleece.  Over the span of the race, there are challenges and contests for those of us in the fiber world.  I have taken part in the past and even won some prizes.

As part of my goals this year, I decided to participate in my own little world.  I am not part of any official group and part of this decision is that I really don't want to limit myself to any team or fiber.  I just want to spin every day for a bit to tune up my skills again since I have been distracted by many other crafts.

As Fluffy picked up a new turkish spindle for me and I received a prize of some pretty fiber, I decided it was the perfect portable project so I can spin at least 15 minutes every day.

I separated out the fiber into two sections.
Here is the spindle with the fiber.
Here is what I accomplished after the first two days.
I will post on a weekly basis to see what kind of progress I'm making.  My only goal is to spin every day for a short time and if I get this finished, it would be awesome.  I am planning a lace weight two-ply that I hope will follow the color change of the fiber.  It would be a great top down shawl.

No comments:

Post a Comment