Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Bath and Tea

I went to a Korean spa to experience a body scrub and massage.  Definitely not an experience for the faint of heart.  Men and women have separate areas and you definitely need to feel comfortable in your birthday suit.

I started out with a locker key and you undress and have your little plastic caddy with a bath towel, face towel, and cotton robe.  I brought my own slippers.  The routine starts with a shower in an open area with provided bath gel, shampoo and conditioner.  I then headed to the heated spa where I soaked until it got too hot.  They have separate rooms for a dry sauna, steam sauna, and a Himalayan salt hot room.

There is also an open area with beauty needs as well as a heated tiled floor area with recliners tuned into Korean TV.

I was called to my appointment where Young scrubbed me within an inch of my life everywhere.  Oodles of dead skin cells covered the plastic coated table.  Another shower and then back to have an oil massage starting with the back then the front with grated cucumber face mask and a head massage with shampoo and conditioner.

Last step was to have warm milk squirted everywhere for a final finish after having heated towels placed around me.  Back to shower again and some time in the sauna before heading home.  Skin is super soft and smooth and muscles are a bit sore.  Super toasty from the inside.  Aqua Spa is opened every day from 8 am to 10:30 pm.
Home to bed and the next morning since it was super chilly, I had a couple cups of tea in the set that Andrea gifted me.  So pretty and efficient.

No comments:

Post a Comment