Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Chilly Chicago

I'm not sure why I always seem to get called back to Chicago in January.  This time was for a file review that lasted about 90 minutes.  Since I had some other things to accomplished while I was there, I ended working 2 days with 2 days for travel.

I checked into The Tremont hotel which has been upgraded some but still has single pane windows.  It is part of the Starwood group and I got a room with 2 outside walls at the end of the hall.  With the heater set at 78 degrees, the room temperature never made it above 62 degrees with cold air constantly moving in.  I had to wrap myself in more clothes to sleep.

This was the view the next morning.
It warmed up a bit with the sun out by the afternoon but it was cold.  After checking the status of the heater, they kindly switched my room to one outside wall and it was much warmer.

I went to the Uniqlo store on Michigan Avenue and bought some warmies - t-shirts and leggings.
I stopped by and had soup for dinner at Food Life where it was refillable bowls of their entire selection.  Chicken noodle and clam chowder warmed the insides.
Complimentary breakfast at Mike Dikta's restaurant with hot tea every morning.
Snow and more snow and cold and more cold.
Saw this patrols - poor horses.
Made it out before the big blizzard hit.  It was touch and go as the snow kept piling up.  Deicing happened before take off, but glad to be back home where it is warm.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I'm so jealous. Love, love Uniqlo. I have one of their lightweight sleeveless down vests. I wear it almost every day at home. Keeps me warm so I don't have to turn up the hear.

    ReplyDelete