Saturday, April 16, 2016

50-50 Burgers

I have been craving a good burger for a while after having some fast food ones while on pit stops on the road.

I have been part of the meat cooperative and getting pretty lean ground beef and it is too dry for burgers so I got an idea to combine some bacon for fat and flavor.

I started with one package of ground beef (about a pound) and 12 ounces of apple wood smoked bacon from Trader Joe's ground up in the food processor.

I hand mixed the two together in a bowl.
I got my trusty tupperware burger molds out and smashed up some patties.
I didn't add anything to the mix - just meat which I then panned fried to see about texture and taste.
It was still a little dry, but after adding some guacamole to it (everything is better with homemade guacamole), it was pretty good.  I'm going to tweak the recipe a bit for some more flavor and moisture and then it will be ready for the grill.

No comments:

Post a Comment