Friday, April 8, 2016

Taiwanese Braised Pork Rice Bowl

I stopped by the Korean market and saw pork belly on sale and bought some not really knowing what to do with it.  After getting home, I applied my google-fu and found this recipe.

I had to make a few adjustments and had to dig in the sewing room for some muslin for the spice bag since I didn't have any cheese cloth.

The recipe was fairly easy to follow and I prepped for a little dinner party, but had no takers, so there was more for me.

After cooking on the stove for a while, I had this.
Super good over rice.

I also bought some oxtail from the Korean market as well with similar ingredients and made a pot of that too.  I used the pressure cooker and it shaved off a lot of time and the meat was falling off the bone.

No comments:

Post a Comment