Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Fresno Field Trip

I spent another week in Fresno, this time flying on Alaska Airlines instead of driving.  It made the trip so much faster.  I even got a ride and stayed in the hotel a few blocks from the office where I was working with a Starbucks on the way.  I was able to use the new app where you pre-order and just pick up at the closest location.

The airport had trees inside!
I had a very productive week there and got a lot of work done.  It was nice to be in a routine.  It has been so long since I have worked in an office with a lunch break every day with a restaurant stop.  Leftovers for dinner most nights and working out at the hotel.

The Doubletree has a very strange layout as it took me a while to figure out where the elevator was and since the rooms are laid out in a square, my room was equal distance from the elevator from both sides.  Very long walks.  I definitely got my steps in.

We hit a few of the same places for lunch and a couple of new places.
The Mediterranean Grill was packed and only open for lunch.  I had a gyro for lunch plus some grape leaves.
We also went to Edo-Ya for teppan-yaki.
The fried rice was excellent.
Noodles were okay.  Lots of salt and eating with a bunch of strangers.  They do give you a lot of food so everyone had a take out box.
I was also lucky to try this "shack" on my last day which was a bit strange, but the ti-tip sandwich was delicious - no frills but yummy.
It was just like a coffee hut in the parking lot.  The "stove" was a hitched grill on wheels and the dining area was plastic lawn furniture with card tables under a tarp.

1 comment:

  1. I have to remember not to read your blog when I'm starving. LOL

    ReplyDelete