Monday, September 5, 2016

Last of the In the Buff Towels

I wrote about the bath towel kit here and had a bit of leftover since my towels were a bit shorter than I expected after shrinkage.

I had ended up with some yardage after finishing the bath towels since my loom is set up to have very little waste.

I wove off the extra bit and I estimated I had enough to make a couple of hand towels.  I finally got around to getting my craft room situated to do that and pulled out my serger and cut the fabric in half and added a rolled edge to the middle.

The edge is a bit wavy and I probably could have changed some settings on my machine to have a better result, but I'm happy with what I ended up with.  I then went back to the sewing machine and finished the ends with a rolled hem.
I did the exact same on the other half and ended up with two hand towels.
Now they go into the wash to see what the shrinkage will look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment