Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Butchart Gardens

Even though we did not arrive at the Gardens until late in the day, there was enough sunlight to take some photos.  I have to admit that the photos don't do justice to the gardens.  It is a beautiful place to visit and my mom stated that if she lived in Victoria, she would be visiting the gardens every day.  We did learn that there is a large population of retirees living in Victoria.  There was no time for shopping and we took pictures until our camera batteries gave up.
Just to put these blooms in perspective, I had my Dad place his hand up against the flower.  They were just enormous.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful... it brought back memories of my visit to Victoria and Vancouver in 1991...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous!! I love great flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know right? I now have all these blooms as my screen saver slideshow. Now everything pales in comparison.

    ReplyDelete