Sunday, October 24, 2010

Gifts from China

I spent part of the day with my friend fluffysgarden and she recently came back from China.  Since I missed seeing her and hearing about her trip last weekend because of the craft fair, I went up to see her and hear her stories.


She had a great time in Beijing and Chungdu and brought me back some kickass cheetos (my secret vice food) and a little ornament from the Forbidden City (she saved the green one for me).
She also performed a tea ceremony for me with lychee tea and an awesome jasmine flower bloom.  Here is a photo of the jasmine blossom tea after blooming.
Her funniest show and tell was the pee pee boy.  An article was written about it by Adam Johnson here.  Also, here is a video of it.


It was a lovely visit and I got some pointers about my Avatar scarf project.  I will be going with some black alpaca as warp.  She gave me some good ideas on how to portray the struggle for a balanced world.

No comments:

Post a Comment