Friday, March 1, 2013

Restart on Coriander Hat

I previously posted about this hat pattern where I tried to use some deep stash yarn.  I love the yarn and it is super soft, but there was no definition to the cable pattern which make the whole point moot.

Also, when I got to the decreasing crown section, the stitches looked wonky.  I tried to unknit for a bit and just got frustrated so I ripped that sucker right out.

I then dug around my yarn cabinet and found a ball of yarn whence from I have no idea.  I'm not even sure I have a full skein since it had already been balled up.  The yarn is Cascade 220 in a bright blue color.

I started knitting the hat again and like the way the cables are looking.
Now I'm wondering if this is again a mistake since I might just run out of yarn before I can finish this hat.....I might have to dig around again to find some other yarn.

Maybe the third time is really the charm!

By the way, that cute sheep followed me home from Colorado.  Val culled him from the herd.

No comments:

Post a Comment