Thursday, February 28, 2013

February Month End Report


Well it is the end of the second month and here is my progress on my goals.

Purchases

I started working on my new knit-a-long sweater project, Hoaloha, with yarn from the deep stash.  I think I got this yarn in a swap.  I purchased buttons for this sweater and a couple of other projects from Melissa Jean Designs.
I went to Colorado to visit my best friend and ended up buying a bunch of fabric and some quilt kits.  Huge purchase!

First set of fabric was for my cousin's soon to be here baby and I was able to finish before heading home.  The quilt is in the mail now.

I also went through Val's stash and pulled some fabric for another quilt as a surprise and she found some fabric that I really wanted so I placed an order for that as well.

I was tempted to buy a used Macomber loom, but I resisted as I don't have room for it right now.  It was a really good price.

Projects

Knitting - Most of my knitting done this month was for the Coriander hat and the Hoaloha sweater.  No finished projects and not other knitting happened.

Spinning - Did a bit of spinning on the Majacraft wheel but I ended up knitting instead.  

Weaving - Finally finished my towels on the loom so the loom is bare and ready to leave for its new home.  I need to pull out the other loom out of the closet and finish weaving that warp off as well.  

Sewing - I sewed up a storm in Colorado.  Worked on my glacier star kit at Val's and finished the baby raggy quilt as well.  After coming home, I was able to complete my own raggy quilt.  I also finished the February offering of the Block of the Month quilt.

Organizing and Purging

I went through my fiber closet and destashed a comforter sized bag of coarser fiber.

No comments:

Post a Comment