Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Colorado Visit

I spent a long weekend visiting my best pal, Val, in Fort Collins and spent time sewing, shopping, eating, and doing taxes.

The day I arrived, there were snow flurries and it was very pretty but cold.  The ground the next morning was all white.
The rest of the time I was in Colorado was cold and clear and there were a few windy days and one day the high was actually 62 although it is not like 62 at home.

We hit a few restaurants including Ruby Tuesday on the way home from the airport where I had a cheeseburger and sweet potato fries.
We also went to a new place called Tokyo Joes where I had a udon bowl and dark meat chicken, zucchini, mushrooms, onions, and broccoli with a spicy sauce.
Val had the lettuce wraps.
But mostly we ate at home.  Val made these great eggy breakfast bites with sausage, a bit of cheese and green onions.
The first morning, I tried the new Special K breakfast sandwiches.
Which were not that great.
Val also cooked a turkey tenderloin with roasted broccoli and these great potatoes puffs from the Omaha Steak catalog.



3 comments:

  1. Hmmm… Isn't The Loopy Ewe in Fort Collins?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. This is the first time that I didn't make it into the store. No yarn buying remember? I was trying to avoid temptation and instead fell down over quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's easy to fall into fabric. Nice soft landing!

    ReplyDelete