Friday, February 8, 2013

Hoaloha Mystery

I find myself being sucked into another mystery knit-a-long.  This time with Mel of the Single Handed Knits podcast.

One of my goals is to not buy any yarn this year and part of that goal will be to use up stash yarn.  I have 6 skeins of Valley Yarns in the merlot color that is a perfect fit for this sweater called Hoaloha.
The preliminary information came on January 31, but the clues don't start arriving until February 12.  A sweater knit in 4 weeks - can it be done?

There was enough information to knit a gauge swatch and I find again that I have to decreased needle size by 2 from an US 8 to a US 6 to get gauge.  I also knit in the round which I haven't done in quite a while.
When this sweater is cast on, I will have 5 sweaters on the needles.  I think I have gone a bit crazy!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Oh -- five sweaters on the neeedles? Well, maybe they will all get finished at the same time. But, really . . . . I think five is the limit.

    ReplyDelete