Sunday, August 25, 2013

A New Knitting Buddy

One of the new challenges that Mel of the Single Handed Knits podcast issued was to make a new buddy and knit a project together.  Since Mel lives on an island with no knit peeps around, she gains quite a bit of joy from online knitting friends.  She has been quite successful in creating a community for herself and wanted to spread the love.

On one of her threads in her Ravelry group, she has a buddy matching process.  I found a buddy, Sarah, who lives in California not too far away from me.  We decided to start the Mudblood Cardigan from the Unofficial Harry Potter Knits.

I will be using my favorite yarn, Malabrigo Rios, in the cumparsita colorway which is not quite as red as the model, but I think it will look great.  I have plenty of this yarn so I should not run out of yarn.
I cast on with US 6 needles and am making the 36 3/4" size using the knitted cast on.  The sweater is knit from the bottom up.  The bottom of the sweater has a twisted rib pattern and it is very slow going.
Sarah has decided to knit hers in the color purple.  We will keep each other on task and our finish date is October 1.  Can I finish another sweater in a month's time?

No comments:

Post a Comment