Saturday, August 17, 2013

Gabbro from the Deep Stash

Another pattern in the new Carol Feller collection is the Gabbro sweater.  This is my second favorite pattern in this collection.  I tried really hard to go to the stash first instead of just buying more yarn (I need to keep repeating - No more yarn to myself).

I found a few options, but decided to use this Lotus Bamyak which I bought at the Point in Alaska on a trip I took there in September 2009.
I have more than enough as called for in the pattern so I should not run out of yarn.  I am making the 37 size and have found that it is definitely easier for me to knit on smaller needles.  This project uses US 4 knitting needles.

The start is pretty interesting.  You start with what I figure to be the back of the neck and after a few increasing rows, the sweater is then joined and knit in the round.  I think the lace pattern will look great in this brown yarn.
The pattern has a lace pattern along only one side seam of the sweater so it should be an interesting look.
The yarn is a little fuzzy and soft.  I think after washing, it will soften even more and be super comfy on the skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment