Saturday, August 31, 2013

August Month End Report

Purchases

I continued with my broken yarn diet as I bought a few more skeins of yarn.  In preparation for a new knitting project, I purchased some yarn for a sweater, then decided that I also needs more yarn for a vest project and while I was at it, I saw the Liesl that I have been contemplating for a while and purchased the pattern and yarn to make that.


I also made some sewing tools purchases since there was a sale.  I kind of fell off my diet, but believe that I will make up for it since the rest of year will see very little crafting.


Projects

I started spinning some carded fiber I prepared while at the Texas retreat and am using my KCL Woods interchangeable drop spindle.  I really loving spindle spinning again.

I started a bunch of knit-a-longs.  The Makai, a shawl, had a few issues with the pattern so I just waited until all the bugs were worked out.  It was a 3 part schedule and I am on the second part now.


I also started the Dacite, a cardigan, and was able to finish it.  It was a very easy and fast knit and probably the fastest that I knit a sweater.  All that is missing are the two buttons.


I cast on for the Circumnavigated cardigan and it is kind of a slog.  I barely started and the yarn is a bit scratchy compared to my other projects so not much progress is being made.  I definitely will not finish with the rest of the group.


I then started the Gabbro, a pullover sweater, in a bamboo yak blend from my deep stash and am making significant progress on it as well.  I really like the feel of the fabric on this knit.


I found a knitting buddy and we started knitting the Mudblood Cardigan from the Harry Potter magazine and I am making progress on it.


I have a lot of projects and not enough knitting time and my hands are beginning to feel fatigue.


Purging/Organization
No purging or organization occurred this month, but I have been thinking about my "stuff" and organizing in my mind about what needs to find new homes.

No comments:

Post a Comment