Sunday, August 18, 2013

August Spin Group

Summer came late and it was a bit warm for spin group.  I had to turn the air conditioning on to be comfortable.

I decided to work on a drop spindle and pulled this one which I purchased at SOAR from KCL Woods.  It is an interchangeable drop spindle with three shafts.  I also pulled out some carded fiber I prepared at the Texas retreat.
I have forgotten how much slower spindle spinning is from wheel spinning but had a great time and the spindle spins true.  Lovely pattern on the top whorl while it is spinning.

I got less than half a batt spun so there is more spinning fun to be had.
Since I was hosting, I prepared a Chickpea Curry with Basmati Rice for the main dish.
We also had a spinach salad, caprese skewers, onions and chutney to top the curry and a plum upside down cake to round out the meal.
Great friends, good food, the best of times.

No comments:

Post a Comment