Sunday, February 8, 2015

Seattle Field Trip

I went to Seattle for an overnight work field trip and it was cold and rainy as usual here.  It was a nice change from the warm and sun, but I could not live in that grey for very long.

The day was long but productive.  I stayed at the Doubletree which had Seaports restaurant.

I ordered a cup of clam chowder which was very tasty.
And the oysters and chips.  However, once my meal arrived and I cut into the battered lumps, I discovered that I had fish instead.
It was good fish, but not what I expected.  After flagging down the waitress, she brought me another plate.
It was all very good for a hotel restaurant.

I was also able to stop by Pike's Market before heading to the airport and home.
It was not very crowded during the week in the morning and I was able to get street parking.
The air was crisp and it was interesting to hear and see all the set up of the vendors.
I was tempted to buy some wild salmon but couldn't maneuver the luggage without paying a fee.  I flew up on Alaska Airlines and sat in the very back of the plane both ways with the same flight crew.

I stopped by the first Starbucks for some mugs.
And I picked up some lavender and some chocolate covered cherries before heading back to the car.  I saw this interesting covered area where it seems there is an ongoing art project with chewed gum.
At the airport, I grabbed something to eat at Anthony's.
Which consisted of salmon poke - too much sauce, and a bowl of chowder - not as good as the hotel.  Service was super slow and I was glad I had a lot of time before departure.
The view from the table was pretty good since I had this huge plate glass wall to look out.
Productive trip.  It will depend if I get to keep this case or not since my territory does not cover Washington state.

There were a bunch of dejected Seahawks fans on the plane and around town.  Everything Seahawks were on super discount.

No comments:

Post a Comment