Monday, February 9, 2015

Sewn Coin Purse

I have been using my Sash bag that I love carrying especially for traveling.  It has great slot for credit cards, however, cash in bills and coins are troublesome to carry.  I had a Tom Bihn coin purse that I tried to use, but the size was a bit too big and it has a clasp that makes it bulky.

I was on the search for a smaller coin purse with at least two slots - one for folded bills and the other for coins and I could not find one that met all my criteria.

I happened upon a pattern in Craftsy for the Zipper Wallet that I hoped would fit the bill.
I dug around my scrap stash and found this cute pig fabric and some white fabric from a finished quilt.
I purchased two zippers at Beverly's and some fusible interfacing and spent about 2 hours making the project.
It was a little tricky for the front zippered pocket and my zipper sewing was a bit off, but I used the folded fabric right against the zipper and the raw edges out so I was able to zig zag all the raw edges.

I had to rip out for the second zipper since I sewed it in the wrong order, but when it was all said and done, I got the perfect little wallet that is the exact fit.
The inside could have been a bit neater and I should have changed the thread to white.  I had a little struggle turning everything outside in and the next one will have a bigger opening for the final reveal.

No comments:

Post a Comment