Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Baby Quilt is Done!

After retrieving the quilt from Marita - the machine quilter, Val instructed me on how to make the binding from left over fabric and after measuring, drawing straight lines and sewing each strip together, the next step was to press and sew.


It took a little practice and some unsewing to get the corners right but everything that the machine could do was done.


Next came the blind stitching by hand - this is done so you can't see the raw edges and the binding looks seamless.  I haven't sewn by hand in a long, long time and after working on it for the past 5 days, I think I have bruises on my fingers from where the needles continued to poke.


Finally, it is done and it looks pretty professional if I do say so myself.  Here the the final product.  All that is needed is some washing to make the quilt puffy and it is ready to go to its new home.

No comments:

Post a Comment